The French policy approach for the management of water resources and aquatic biodiversity – A source of inspiration for the implementation of the 2030 AgendaUpdate 2019-11-27
With the support of the Ministry for the Ecological and Solidary Transition, and in partnership with the International Office for Water (OIEau), the Water Agencies, the French Biodiversity Agency (AFB), the French Professional Federation of Water Companies (FP2E), the French Development Agency (AFD), the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs (MEAE), and the Martinique Water Office (ODE), the French Water Partnership has produced a guide aimed at the stakeholders throughout the world involved in managing water resources and aquatic biodiversity: countries, basin managers, local elected representatives, and all the public and private players concerned.
It aims to provide them with information about more than 50 years of French policy, which might be a source of interest to these stakeholders for their own policies and projects. It provides the keys to understanding, the major principles governing this dynamic, progressive approach, in accordance with the challenges, growing awareness, and innovative projects.
TAKE A LOOK AND LEARN ALL ABOUT THE MANAGEMENT OF WATER RESOURCES AND AQUATIC BIODIVERSITY IN FRANCE !
DO YOU WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
Further resources :
1. Chronology of legislation on the management of water resources and aquatic biodiversity : key dates (p. 5)
- Urban Wastewater Treatment Directive
- The Kyoto Protocol
- The Drinking Water Directive
- Millennium Development Goals and Beyond 2015
- The EU Water Framework Directive
- The EU Floods Directive
- Strategic Plan for Biodiversity 2011–2020 and the Aichi Targets
- The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
- The Paris Climate Agreement
- BIODIVERSITY, NATURE AND LANDSCAPES RECOVERY ACT (NO. 2016-1087)
- MANAGEMENT OF AQUATIC ENVIRONMENTS AND FLOOD PREVENTION ACT (GEMAPI)
Learn more about the French water players :
- The French Water Partnership and its Water Expertise platform : https://www.partenariat-francais-eau.fr/en/water-expertise-france/
- The International Office for Water: http://iowater.oieau.fr/
- The Water Agencies: http://www.lesagencesdeleau.fr/en/les-agences-de-leau/les-six-agences-de-leau-francaises/
- The French Biodiversity Agency: http://www.aires-marines.com/
- The French Development Agency: https://www.afd.fr/en
- The Water Coalition: http://www.coalition-eau.org/
- The Programme Solidarité Eau: https://www.pseau.org/en
- The Professional Federation of Water Companies: https://www.pseau.org/en
- Aqua-Valley, the French Water Cluster: http://www.pole-eau.com/en
- Astee: https://www.astee.org/homepage-en/